Sunday, January 14, 2018

International Solvay Institutes for Physics and Chemistry

The history of the Internal Solvay Institutes started in 1911, with the first Solvay Conference on Physics. In view of the success of the 1911 conference, the Institute of Chemistry was created in 1913 by Ernest Solvay. Ernest Solvay was Belgium chemist, industrialist, and philanthropist who in the 1860sm developed the ammonia prices for the manufacture of sodium carbonate, widely used in the production of glass and soap.

The Institute of Chemistry fused in 1970 with Institute of Physics to become The Institute International Solvay Institutes for Physics and Chemistry.

The Solvay International Conferences on Physics are held every three to five years. Organized by the International Solvay Institutes for Physics and Chemistry located in Brussels, they are noted for their role in stimulating advances in atomic and quantum physics.
International Solvay Institutes for Physics and Chemistry
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The most popular articles

Other articles around the world

  • Currently five types of protozoa are of concern: Entamoeba histolytica, Giardia lamblia, Cryptosporidium parvum, Naegleria and Acanthamoeba. Entamoeba hist...
  • Operating system is the most important piece of software in a computer. The operating system is the software responsible for mediating the control of all t...
  • Rose-Krasnor in 1997 defines social competence as “effectiveness in interaction, considered from both self and other perspectives. Social competence is vie...

SAF-DYNAMICS of Food Science and Technology